from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The material out of which something is made or formed; substance.
- noun The essential substance or elements; essence.
- noun Unspecified material.
- noun Household or personal articles considered as a group.
- noun Worthless objects.
- noun Slang Specific talk or actions.
- noun The control a player has over a ball, especially to give it spin, english, curve, or speed.
- noun The spin, english, curve, or speed imparted to a ball.
- noun Basketball A dunk shot.
- noun Special capability.
- noun Chiefly British Woven material, especially woolens.
- noun Slang Money; cash.
- noun Slang A drug, especially one that is illegal or habit-forming.
- intransitive verb To pack (a container) tightly; cram.
- intransitive verb To block (a passage); plug.
- intransitive verb Basketball To block (a shot or an opponent who is shooting), especially before the ball leaves the shooter's hands.
- intransitive verb To place forcefully into a container or space; thrust.
- intransitive verb Sports To shoot (a ball or puck) forcefully into the goal from close range.
- intransitive verb Basketball To dunk (the ball).
- intransitive verb To fill with an appropriate stuffing.
- intransitive verb To fill (an animal skin) to restore its natural form for mounting or display.
- intransitive verb To cram with food.
- intransitive verb To fill (the mind).
- intransitive verb To put fraudulent votes into (a ballot box).
- intransitive verb To apply a preservative and softening agent to (leather).
- intransitive verb To overeat; gorge.
- idiom (stuff it) Used as an intensive to express extreme anger, frustration, or disgust.
- idiom (stuff (one's) face) To eat greedily.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To fill with any kind of stuff or loose material; cram full; load to excess; crowd with something: as, to
stuffthe ears with cotton.
- Specifically, to fill with stuffing or packing; cram the cavity of with material suitable for the special use or occasion: as, to
stuffa cushion or a bedtick; to stuff a turkey or a leg of veal for roasting.
- To cause to appear stuffed; puff or swell out; distend.
- To fill the prepared skin of (an animal), for the purpose of restoring and preserving its natural form and appearance: the process includes wiring and mounting. See
taxidermyand stuffing, n., 3.
- Figuratively, to fill, cram, or crowd with something of an immaterial nature: as, to
stuffa poem with mawkish sentiment.
- To use as stuffing or filling; dispose of by crowding, cramming, or packing.
- To constitute a filling for: be crowded into; occupy so as to fill completely.
- To apply stuff to; treat with stuff, in some technical sense. See
stuff, n., 4 .
- To stock or supply; provide with a quota or outfit; furnish; replenish.
- To deceive with humorous intent; gull.
- To eat greedily; play the glutton.
- noun Substance or material in some definite state, form, or situation; any particular kind, mass, or aggregation of matter or things; material in some distinct or limited sense, whether raw, or wrought or to be wrought into form.
- noun Incorporeal or psychical substance of some special kind; that which arises from or constitutes mind, character, or quality; any immaterial effluence, influence, principle, or essence. See
- noun Goods; possessions in a general sense; baggage: now chiefly in the phrase household stuff.
- noun Something made up, or prepared or designed, for some specific use.
- noun A preparation of any kind to be swallowed, as food, drink, or medicine.
- noun Ready money; cash; means in general.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Ai fink he stuffffffffed dat udder 𝓰kitteh inna bawks *stuff stuff stuff* an iz clowzin eet up *pat pat pat* so tu send eet bak tu teh store…. him sez: Nu kitteh?
Well, if you don't remember I going to say something about, since the last months and year I feel really unhappy of the type of draws that I made and I begin to delete all the stuff that I have in this account and upload new stuff~ She was one of my old favourites drawing, and I decide to made💯 her again cuz I love her outfit * w*!!!
I felt like throwing the plate against the wall * i break stuff when 𒉰im angry and i throw stuff* i felt like strangling Bu Tootee and the woman.
It’s not that I didn’t like that post, it’s just that I can get this stuff off of The View, or Tyra Banks etc., whereas I can’t get enough ꦜof your other ’stuff’ that I find enjoyable and down ꦡto earth any other place but here!
We started off with nachos (the creamy-lookin stuff is cashew cheez):
Still winning all those contests with the Lead Without a Title stuff we threw at you all those years ago?
"The Palin stuff is not aimed at the Hillary 10, iꦏt's at the other 52."
The attorneys blinked at the use of the word stuff to descriღbe masterworღks of the quality of the Degas they were empowered to protect.
The attorneys blinked at the use of the word stuff to describe masterworks of th🍰e quality of the Degas they were empowered to protect.
\ [INFO\] Tagging release with the label stuff-1. 0.0 ...