from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A cask on a ship used to hold the day's supply of drinking water.
- noun A drinking fountain on a ship.
- noun Slang Gossip; rumor.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Nautical, a cask or butt having a scuttle or hole cut in it for the introduction of a cup or dipper, and used to hold drinking-water. Also called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun See scuttle butt.
- noun A drinking fountain on board a ship or at a naval station.
- noun The latest gossip; rumors.
from , Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun nautical, countable A
buttwith a scuttle, a kegof drinking waterwith a hole cut in it, on board ship.
- noun informal, uncountable
Gossip, rumour, idle chatter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The scuttlebutt is that꧃ the RNC might step in a help🐭 pay off those debts.
The scuttlebutt is that the RNC mig𝓡ht step in a help pay 🐠off those debts.
The scuttlebutt is that the💃 RNC might step in a help pay off those deౠbts.
So the latest scuttlebutt is that Google and Dell are getting toget🐠heꦉr and bashing out the first Android phone.
They refuse to give me firm data, but the scuttlebutt is that AT&T is doing likewise.
"" As far as why the junta-connected were so interested in adopting children, the scuttlebutt is that the m꧒ilitary culture of 1970s Argentina involved lots of𝓡 visits to prostitutes.
Okay, so, the scuttlebuttไ is writers should stay in touch with their readers.
UPDATE: Oh, I totally forgot, but the scuttlebutt is that Hotel Chevalier will be available for free download on the iTunes music stor﷽e sometime today.
Okay, so, the scuttlebutt is writers should stay i🌳n touch with their readers.
Such details fall into the category of "scuttlebutt" - which is another term for "urban legend".